Case Manager - Family Promise Of Summit County
Welcome to the Latest Job Vacancies Site 2020 and at this time we would like to inform you of the Latest Job Vacancies from the Family Promise Of Summit County with the position of Case Manager - Family Promise Of Summit County Akron which was opened this.
If this job matches your qualifications, please send your application directly through our latest Job site. Indeed, every job is not easy to apply because it must meet several qualifications and requirements that we must meet in accordance with the standard criteria of the Company who are looking for potential candidates to work. Good job information Case Manager - Family Promise Of Summit County Akron below matches your qualifications. Good Luck: D
Family Promise of Summit County
Title: Case Manager
Supervisor: Executive Director
Family Promise of Summit County is seeking a full-time case manager (part-time training) to serve homeless families with children in Summit County. This is highly responsible professional work performing assessment, management, and advocacy services to homeless families with children. The Case Manager must work with professionals from numerous community organizations, with volunteers, as well as with staff from Family Promise. This work is performed with a high degree of independence.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Screen families for acceptance into Family Promise based upon program guidelines related to volunteer, guest, and congregation safety.
- Conduct, on an as-needed basis, intake assessments involving face-to-face evaluations with families referred to Family Promise.
- Together with the adults in the family, determine family problems areas, strengths and weaknesses, and develop a Family Service Plan after completion of the intake, to identify services needed by guest families, activities to be conducted by guest family members, and activities to be performed by Family Promise staff.
- To the extent possible, link guest families with those services identified in the service plan as necessary for guest self-sufficiency.
- Make at least weekly face-to-face or virtual contact with adult guests in shelter, to monitor family progress on case plan.
- Make as needed contact with service providers to ensure progress by guests and to advocate for the acquisition of services and resources necessary to implement the Family Service Plan.
- Monitor guest comportment at The Glendora House, ensure guest compliance with rules, resolve conflicts among guests, etc.
- Record activity performed with or on behalf of a guest family via Family Promise case notes.
- Maintain Family Promise guest files, including completion of necessary chart documents.
- Make as-needed contact with families who have moved out of Family Promise as well as with service providers to advocate for the acquisition of services and resources necessary to ensure that families do not return to a state of homelessness.
- Attend quarterly meetings of Family Promise congregational coordinators, to coordinate services and maintain continuity of care.
- Coordinate volunteer activities.
- Assist with donation processing.
- Participate in day-to-day operation of the Family Promise day center.
- Share on-call duties, including twenty-four-per-day, seven-day-per-week availability, with the Case Manager and other staff, responding to referrals for emergency shelter and emergent needs of guests.
- Organize and facilitate programs to benefit families and their sustainability efforts.
- Perform related work as required.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university with major course work in the areas of psychology, social work, or related human service field. Experience working with children and families in a social service setting preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Parental Leave
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Virtual meetings to be held when possible. Work from home opportunities when possible. Limited amount of staff on-site.
- case management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor\'s (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Waiting period may apply